The Episcopal Church of St. David's, Manayunk was founded in 1831. In 1860, it engaged in the creation of two Sunday Schools which led to the founding of St. Alban's and St. Timothy's Churches both of Roxborough. After a fire destroyed the original structure, St. David's Vestry member and mill owner, James Stafford designed the church building that stands today. The current church building was consecrated in 1881. The Parish Hall, built in 1876, was used for over 100 years for wedding receptions and other celebrations, Sunday School and youth groups, Women's Auxiliary, Men's groups, and community meetings and gatherings. In November 2018 Baker Street Partners purchased the Parish Hall for adaptive reuse as apartment buildings. For more historical information on St. David's Church click below on the book cover and enjoy From the Annals of St. David's, Manayunk by our former priest Jim Proud.
Click on the book cover below to begin reading!